Designed to allow the installation of Fox 2.5 factory series remote reservoir coilovers, this new system far surpasses the performance and capability of your Super Duty's stock suspension with more stability, improved handling, and better dampening in any terrain. Michigan built and Moab tested, these new coilover conversion 4-link systems are built to perform.
The system utilizes a pair of Fox 2.5 factory series remote coilovers tuned specifically to optimize suspension performance on the diesel equipped Ford Super Duty. The 8" travel coilovers feature a smooth bore and honed seamless alloy body, 7/8" hardened steel carbon shaft, Eibach coil springs, black anodized machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum mounts, and FOX's DSC (dual speed compression) adjustment technology on DSC equipped coil-overs. DSC is the next big thing in suspension performance allowing for easy adjustment of the your truck's suspension compression dampening so you can dial in the ideal ride performance to soak up the bumps, both large and small. The DSC has 12 adjustment points for the high speed compression as well as 10 adjustment points for the low speed compression allowing you to make large or small changes to further improve your performance. Adjustments can be made by simply twisting the "blue" high speed and "gold" low speed compression knobs located on the end of the remote reservoir of the FOX 2.5 coilovers. No tools or shop adjustments needed, allowing you to tune the suspension out on the trail.
The key to mounting these new DSC coilovers are the new brackets supplied by BDS. In place of the factory stamped steel coil buckets BDS includes a pair of the massive 1/4" thick steel, gusseted construction coilover mounting brackets designed to bolt in place using the factory frame holes. This provides a stout mounting point for the new Fox 2.5 coilovers with provisions for the remote reservoirs as well as an auxiliary shock. The auxiliary shock mount will accept anything from the supplied Fox 2.0 Performance series shocks up to the massive 3.0 Fox Factory series cylinders. At the axle, new double-shear C/O mounting brackets bolt in for a direct replacement to the factory coil seats. All brackets are finished in a durable textured black powder coat finish with integrated mounting tabs to retain the factory brake and ABS lines.
To complement the increased performance of the new coilovers, BDS designed the kit around the popular BDS 4-link conversion to upgrade the stock stamped steel factory radius arms. The BDS Super Duty 4-Link conversion has long been a popular solution for 2005-2016 Super Duty owners looking to improve their trucks drivability and performance. The full replacement 4-link frame brackets bolt into factory holes and create a solid mounting location for the massive tubular 4-link arms. These arms allow the front suspension geometry to be optimized for control and handling through all types of terrain. The front portion of the lift system also includes a forged drop pitman arm and front track bar relocation bracket to correct steering and track bar angles as well as to center the axle under the vehicle. Front bump stop extensions, sway bar drops, and brake line relocation brackets round out the front of this system. In the rear, full replacement BDS Glideride leaf springs provide the lift needed to level and level the stance. The springs are a 5-leaf design with built in overload leaf to assist when carrying heavy loads. New black e-coated u-bolts, brake line brackets and Fox 2.0 performance gas shocks are supplied to round out the 8" coilover conversion 4-link system.
FOX Coil-Over Dual Speed Compression (DSC) Adjuster Technology |The Dual Speed Compression (DSC) adjuster provides added control and comfort tuning for on-road use while also offering more aggressive damping for use off-road. The adjuster allows for precise suspension tuning with the simple twist of two clearly defined knobs: No tools and no mess, just a way to easily fine-tune your suspension to best suit your needs in any conditions. The DSC increases both low and high-speed compression levels up to 25%, allowing you to maximize small bump compliance and traction while still having the extra damping required for big hits.
- LSC Adjustment Range - The Low Speed Compression (LSC) adjuster knob offers 10 clicks of adjustment and primarily affects compression damping during slow suspension movements such as G-outs or smooth jump landings. It also affects wheel traction and the harshness or plushness of the vehicle's ride.
- HSC Adjustment Range - The High Speed Compression (HSC) adjuster knob offers 12 clicks of adjustment and mainly affects compression damping during medium to fast suspension movements such as steep jump faces, harsh flat landings, and aggressive wash board roads.
- 1. Exhaust modification may be required to clear front driveshaft (gas only)
- 2. Front bumper spacer kit may be required to run 38"x15.50" tires
- 3. Although extremely rare, front driveline vibration may occur
- 4. If equipped with 2-piece rear driveshaft, driveshaft alignment kit (#123406) will be required
- 5. Front driveshaft u-joints may max out at full droop. If so, a new front shaft will be required.
- 6. If equipped with rear sway bar, #123009 is required.
- 7. U-bolts will not work on dually.
- 8. Front auxiliary shocks can be omitted from kit - system can be used with C/O installed alone
BDS leaf springs are not intended for use beyond the truck's maximum payload capacity. Trucks equipped with overload springs will only have the capacity of a non-overload equipped truck. If heavy payload use is desired, supplemental rear air bags are recommended.